After 3 months of waiting not so patiently we finally have a diagnosis of Nolan's seizures. He has been seizure free for almost 3 months now, but we did have genetic testing done which confirmed Benign Infantile Familial Epilepsy. This is great news! This is a condition that has no other neurological effects and that all outgrow by 12-18 months. We meet with Nolan's neurologist on Monday to discuss specifics on a tapering schedule for his medications as well as advisement for Jeff and I moving forward. Because the disorder is familial Jeff and I will have to decide whether to test ourselves or not. Because of the lack of history on either of our family trees, it is more likely that Jeff and I mutated this gene to pass onto Nolan; a fluke happening. But, in the event Jeff and I are carriers, there would be a 50% chance of our future children to also have the same disorder. At this time Jeff and I are breathing a sigh of relief and praising God for a miracle baby. We are blessed to know that this "phase" in Nolan's life will soon pass! God is good!
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
First Food
Nolan has recently started becoming interested in food. He has such interest in watching us eat as well as touching food that we decided it was time to feed him! I had researched baby food makers a while back and after reviewing and talking with other moms I decided on the BeabaPro. It was so easy to use!! Butternut squash is what I decided to make first and little Nolan loved it!

After 3 months of waiting not so patiently we finally have a diagnosis of Nolan's seizures. He has been seizure free for almost 3 months now, but we did have genetic testing done which confirmed Benign Infantile Familial Epilepsy. This is great news! This is a condition that has no other neurological effects and that all outgrow by 12-18 months. We meet with Nolan's neurologist on Monday to discuss specifics on a tapering schedule for his medications as well as advisement for Jeff and I moving forward. Because the disorder is familial Jeff and I will have to decide whether to test ourselves or not. Because of the lack of history on either of our family trees, it is more likely that Jeff and I mutated this gene to pass onto Nolan; a fluke happening. But, in the event Jeff and I are carriers, there would be a 50% chance of our future children to also have the same disorder. At this time Jeff and I are breathing a sigh of relief and praising God for a miracle baby. We are blessed to know that this "phase" in Nolan's life will soon pass! God is good!
After 3 months of waiting not so patiently we finally have a diagnosis of Nolan's seizures. He has been seizure free for almost 3 months now, but we did have genetic testing done which confirmed Benign Infantile Familial Epilepsy. This is great news! This is a condition that has no other neurological effects and that all outgrow by 12-18 months. We meet with Nolan's neurologist on Monday to discuss specifics on a tapering schedule for his medications as well as advisement for Jeff and I moving forward. Because the disorder is familial Jeff and I will have to decide whether to test ourselves or not. Because of the lack of history on either of our family trees, it is more likely that Jeff and I mutated this gene to pass onto Nolan; a fluke happening. But, in the event Jeff and I are carriers, there would be a 50% chance of our future children to also have the same disorder. At this time Jeff and I are breathing a sigh of relief and praising God for a miracle baby. We are blessed to know that this "phase" in Nolan's life will soon pass! God is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment